3.01.2010

TWD: honey-wheat cookies

Last week Michelle of Flourchild picked Honey-Wheat Cookies for our weekly baking adventure. When I first read the recipe I was a little skeptical. No chocolate? No peanut butter? I'm not a huge fan of sugar cookies, and was concerned these were just a dressed up version. But I was wrong- these were fantastic! Light, chewy, the perfect hint of lemon... I'll definitely be making these again!


I couldn't find wheat germ at Dominick's, so I used oat bran - which I already had (I like adding oat bran of ground flaxseed to bread in the bread machine). It gave the cookies a wonderful chewy texture - and I loved how the dough is rolled in it before baking. The combination of honey and lemon was delicious and these would be perfect with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment