3.01.2010

TWD Rewind: Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia

Confession time. February came and went in the blink of an eye in the LITK household. There was a trip to NYC, a trip to Michigan, a visit from the in-laws, and 10 days of a terrible flu. So I've been a little behind in baking... until this weekend. I finally did some catching up and it's time for a blog update!

Back on February 9th Tanya of Chocolatechic chose Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia. I actually made these on time... but am just now getting around to posting! As far as brownies go, I am definitely in the gooey and fudgey camp. Have you ever seen that infomercial for the "perfect brownie pan"? The one that makes every single brownie an edge piece? That's my nightmare. Growing up, you could always tell when my brother and I had been in the brownies because there was a thin piece left all the way around the edge and the middle had been devoured. So I was excited for these brownies.

Overall they were good - rich and chewy. But I left them in the oven a little too long, so they weren't quite as gooey as I was hoping. Oh, and I was one egg short... so that might not have helped. I'll definitely make them again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment